Ironically, without the app communicating to the cable box, you cannot even bring up the guide (very odd design). So I will give this a quick go, but will definitely need to come back later on the DVR and Guide functionality (channel change, etc).
- Simple. The app's main purpose seems to be to provide DVR and Guide functionality (channel change, etc). My guess is that this will be a medium once I get customer service to fix my neighbor's box integration. Medium.
- Social. No evidence of any integration of Facebook or Twitter. None.
- Seamless. There is no attempt to integrate any content other than that of Time Warner Cable. None.
- Stimulating. No evidence of anything other than the guide data. None.
- Discovery. No evidence of any ability to help you discover any content. None.
Back soon to confirm the views on Simple.