With tomorrow night's episode being the season finale of Season 4, I thought I would give a quick summary of the iTunes app. The app is designed to be a fan-based commerce experience that provides timely and relevant prompts by synchronizing the items that are for sales with the content on the screen. If you are a show fan, this is a great experience. It provides a passive way to have t-shirts, jeans, shot glasses, rings, and jackets presented to you in a way that does no interrupt the viewing experience but allows for a quick purchase if something on the show strikes your fancy (Gemma's jeans, for example).
- Simple. Season 3 in synchronized to the Blu-ray via Wi-Fi, allowing you to control the blu-ray player with the app. Season 4 is currently only synchronized using audio-sync, so there is no control of the 1st screen. None to Medium.
- Social. None. No Twitter or Facebook integration.
- Seamless. None. No integration of other sources of content.
- Stimulating. Great, synchronized, content-driven commerce for the uber-fan of Sons of Anarchy. High.
- Discovery. There is no content recommendation or discovery feature. None.