- UltraViolet has 7m subscribers, but only carries 59% of the Top 100 titles and 50% of currently popular video titles
- Best Buy / CinemaNow launched a Disc-to-Digital beta last week
- Flixster's iPad experience now has download capability--giving UV consumers the opportunity to travel (without a laptop)
- While HBO Go, Hulu, and Amazon Prime are garnering press, the traffic shows that Netflix out streams them nearly 30 to 1
- Netflix has now tied HBO in total subscribers (albeit with some international ones)
- Xbox is the underestimated player in the digital living room with 30m subscribers and a recent commitment to launch 40 new content channels
- The Wii U deployed multi-screen services for its platform and promises to combine it with its second screen controller and then "TV will never be the same"
While everyone know Netflix, Hulu, HBO Go, and Amazon Instant Video (as an app), have you tried Matcha, NextGuide, Flixster, or Plizy? Interested in case studies on great apps that help consumers discover and watch content on their tablet? Click here
Join us at the www.2ndscreensummit.com today at the Wynn (1-6pm, cocktails to follow).